Archive for March 2008
This news broke on March 29, 2008.
This comment just in:
“I have not read all the latest comments, but I wanted to say it appears that the elders will be the official leaders of the church in their prospective areas starting this saturday. [March 29, 2008] The two day elder meeting & [minutes] that their wives attended in cincy will be kept secret from the rest of the church. which does raise up a red flag.”
A sign that Weinland is planning on skipping town? At least he will be leaving more than Matthews “holding the bag” as it were (although I’m certain he will not leave the elders holding the bag(s) of money). So who are the elders who will be left in charge?
All of this information has been gleaned from a combination of online searches, and the names of the elders provided in the weekly sermons.
- Ken Zitt — Cincinatti, OH — no other information at this time.
- Anthony Raymond Wilson “arwilson529” in Jacksonville, TN — He runs the HWA Compendium site and may take care of computer administration for the church. I don’t know if he is ordained or not. 23 years of age.
- Chris Czech in Vancouver, WA — WA/OR border — No other information at this time.
- Jim Jameson(sp?) Boise Idaho — Wife’s name is Jenna, one son Jason, both family members baptized. No other information at this time.
- Sam Qualls in Columbia, Missouri — He may be some relation to the late Eddie Qualls. Rene Qualls (Eddie’s widow, nee Phillips) is a part of “God’s Talents Ministries” with her father, Ted Phillips. This group is affiliated with Christian Education Ministries, which is Ron Dart’s Church of God organization. (Dart used to be affiliated with Garner Ted Armstrong’s CGI, the original “splinter group” that broke off from Worldwide in the 1970s.
- Mitch Williams in Springfield, MA — He was either an elder or a pastor (working with Aaron Dean) in the Dallas North congregation of the United Church of God ca. 1997.
- Skip Henry in Buffalo, NY — Information on recruitment tactics by the church in the New York area.
- Jimmy Carlisle TX — No other information at this time.
- Johnny Harrell (Evangelist for the US) — “President” of Mid-State Homes, a renovation/carpentery company in Macon GA. May have relations in St. Petersburg or Orlando, FL. Harrell and his wife will be travelling with the Weinlands on or around April 17, 2008.
- Leonard McGlynn in Winnipeg MB — Currently lives in Oakbank, MB. No other information at this time. He may be covering the Stratford, ON congregation as well; this is only speculation. No elder has been mentioned for Ontario in the sermons. McGlynn may also be responsible for parts of the northeastern US.
- Don Edwards in Phoenix AZ — was made an elder in Los Angeles CA, Edwards may be a member of Weinland’s travelling group. No other information at this time.
- Bill Catasta or Cataska or Kotaska(sp?) — FL elder, worked with Johnny Harrell. No other information at this time.
- Phillip Burman London UK — No other information at this time.
- Guis Van Lerberghe (sp?) Belgium — No other information at this time.
- Willem Henderson(sp?) (Presiding elder for all of Europe) Netherlands — No other information at this time.
- Adrian Gray or Grey New Zealand — Wife’s name is Cindy. An elder in New Zealand. Sent out a letter to all New Zealand members on June 25, 2008.
- Ralph Dowd Cincinnati OH — More information supplied here.
- Steve Dalrymple Cincinnati OH — More information supplied here.
- Dave Conley Ashland VA — No other information at this time. May be an elder in either Texas or Virginia.
- Wayne Matthews (Evangelist for the UK and Australia) — wife’s name Chris(tine?) was affiliated with Melbourne congregation of the United Church of God (assisted in making arrangements for a speaking tour of a British-Israelism proponent in the Melbourne area) in 1998.
- Greg Chipps — DE/OH area elder — Is employed by the church as a computer consultant.
- John Giannotta — Red Hook, NY — Information on recruitment tactics by the church in the New York area.
- Paul Worth (somewhere in Georgia)— No other information at this time.
- Paul Giles (Dublin GA) — No other information at this time.
- Steve Blair — Dallas, TX — No other information at this time.
- Terry Wrozek DE/OH area elder — Apparently one of the higher-ranking elders. May be close to Weinland. Picture from the Jackson Citizen Patriot. Posted under Fair Use Law. Recruitment tactics being employed by Wrozek (listing for the in-home Friday night bible study is the third listing on the page).
- Shawn Christal — Columbia, MO — No other information at this time.
- Curtis Fields — Louisville, KY — No other information at this time.
The quotes in question are from the March 29 sermon “Three More Weeks“:
34:50: “…Critics do not get it because they don’t see it spiritually, they’re small minded, they’re perverted, they’re twisted and they’re destroying themselves. Too bad!! Get a life…while you can.”
35:30: [Weinland claims that the] “enemy is scared, they’re scared…it’s in their writing. It’s in their words…what are they going to do? God is putting fear in them.”
1:16:24: “What if, what if…comes April 17, my life changes dramatically one way or the other because it’s all in. Are we holding back? Are we all running, yet? So what are you going to do some of you who are skeptics and critics and you see these things come to pass? I will tell you what you will do as a whole, you will lie, you will twist, you will distort and you will die – speedily. So, one of us is walking on very dangerous ground.”
1:20:02: [Weinland chastises the critics by saying] “God mocks you critics. God mocks those of you who twist and distort what is true. God will mock your life and what’s going to happen in your life and its going to happen swiftly upon you. Thank God, because your mouths and your attitudes need to come to an end and you’re going to find out that God is not playing games. After April 17, I would fear to be in any of your shoes, truly, truly, truly! …what I say after that day carries a lot more weight……God put me on my feet and he spoke to me…revealing his word…God is the one who has to set us up…it’s all spiritual…What is it that people will believe? Nothing…except what comes to pass when it is spoken…and some are so resistant that they will die.”
An eyewitness report from the Feast of Tabernacles 2005, as experienced by the Church of God, Preparing for the Kingdom of God.
Takeaway quote from this sermon:
1:53:20 “Three More Weeks”:
“If by Pentecost [June 8, 2008] I’m just going to make this real clear to everyone. If by Pentecost it is not powerfully and abundantly clear that there has been a great deal of destruction that will clearly encompass a third of all plant life in the US and at least the clear results of this mingled with blood the death of very much animal life and the beginning of large numbers of human life then I will stop preaching. Just so all the critics and everyone out there will understand. I am true to my word in these things. OK? And for all the critics if by the end of July and for most likely around Pentecost if nothing has clearly caused great destruction and death I will make it very clear that I was a false prophet. I will do exactly what I said I would do on aaaaall those interviews that I have held. To do less. Well. Would be quite insane.”
Looks like the “live” sermon was cancelled because of the elders’ meeting in Cinci this weekend. Here is the sermon for this week (streaming). If that link doesn’t work for you, download the file here. Of note, nothing will be revealed until it is time for it to happen, everything is spiritual that isn’t physical and physical things are spiritual, and oh yeah the critics are crackpots.
In between the rhetoric and backpedaling, notably, there will be written instructions for the Passover service on the 18th, on the CoG-PKG site. On the Publications page, at the bottom, it says Articles: Passover | Pentecost and there will be a third article added here, “Passover Service Instructions”.
The Weinlands and the Harrells will be in Jerusalem on April 17th, 2008. There will be a Passover sermon uploaded to the site from Jerusalem on the 18th. Local areas are recommended to keep the Passover around 8PM on the 18th. Weinland says that the brethren will not be screaming, but they will be crying out by that time. Weinland will announce who the second witness is on April the 19th, 2008 [Note that Weinland instead “announced” it one day earlier instead.] in the Saturday sermon following the Passover service on the 18th April, 2008.
Weinland does make the point that, if nothing happens by Pentecost (kept by the CoG-PKG June 8, 2008), with regards to the “fire mingled with blood” of the first trumpet, he will be a false prophet, and he will stop preaching, towards the end of the sermon. He does make a last-ditch fear-mongering plea to “the scattered church” at the end that he would fear to be his critics on April 17th, 2008.
Naturally, Weinland does not address the discrepancy between his prophecies and his critics: I am a member of “the scattered church” but I still call Weinland a false prophet. Therefore, what of Satan’s inability to influence me, now that the seventh seal has been opened? Oh that’s right it’s all spiritual. Or not.
Oh and by the way someone asked me if I was “scared” at all because apparently Weinland went on a runner about how all of his critics (the perverted twisted ones) are “scared scared scared”. I dunno, I’m a little disappointed the Maple Leafs have been eliminated from the playoffs this year, but I wouldn’t say I’m scared. At all. Not even a little bit. Sorry Ronnie boy.
More quotes from the sermon below.
Some thoughts on early indicators that the church is trying to “prepare” its membership for April 17th to be “spiritual” or otherwise non-shocking when nothing happens, and to retain their hold on members’ minds, and more tellingly, on their “tithes”.
The following info provided courtesy the user going by “Constance_Dogood” and her comment here. Looks like the tithing prerequisite for baptism isn’t the first time Weinland has tried to get his hands on church members’ money. Thanks Constance, this helps flesh out the timeline significantly. All emphasis below is mine.